A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BSH Bronson South Haven
Patient Care Technician
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for daily care of personal needs of patients as assigned; provides for patient comfort and safety; stocks unit and keeps work areas tidy. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
BLS certification required before completion of orientation period.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of employees
• Considerable tact and communication skills are required
• Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and attractive environment in all areas of the patient unit
• Uses aseptic technique during all procedures and treatments
• Provides for patient safety through preventative measures
• Answers call lights promptly whether that of assigned patient or not, assesses patient needs and checks on patients regularly
• Provides patient education and room orientation on admission including: correct storage of patient valuables and medications, use of equipment, bed controls, nurse/patient communication systems, and location of bathroom and emergency call lights
• Performs all nursing procedures according to established guidelines, i.e. bathing, linen changes, vital signs assessment, I & O, etc. Able to document as appropriate in the patients chart
• Reports all abnormal vital signs to nurse caring for patient
• Reports all patient complaints, changes in condition, or other pertinent information to nurse caring for patient
• Collects laboratory specimens according to procedure, i.e. sputum, urine, RSV swab, etc.
• Prepares patients for meals; assists with feeding as necessary; regularly provides patients with fresh water
• Uses supplies in a cost-effective manner; not wasteful and ensures charges are properly recorded
• Identifies patient by name prior to any direct care procedures, treatments, or diets; ensures that ID wristband is in place and accurate
• Completes all patient care assignments while maintaining quality standards
• Provides for patient comfort, i.e. positioning, bathing, straightening linens, and putting personal articles within reach
• Demonstrates a timely and dependable attitude in all aspects of work assignments
• Assumes responsibilities for special duties as assigned
• Greets patients upon admission and orients them to their room and surroundings upon arrival
• Records I & O information on patient's record
• Performs technical aspects of patient care according to established policies and procedures, i.e. uses proper techniques and is able to use equipment safely
• Shares knowledge and expertise in the orientation of new personnel
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures, and internal/external disaster plans
• Refers unusual questions and situations to the charge RN appropriately
• Completes all assigned patient care during the scheduled shifts and uses downtime to departmental advantage, i.e. assisting others, cleaning, clerical duties, etc.
12 Hour Night Shift
Scheduled Weekly Hours
6400 General Care Unit (BSH)
Apply on company website