A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Payment Posting Specialist
Responsible for cash management controls and document imaging. Responsible for application of insurance and patient payments to appropriate system. Accurately enter insurance responses to outstanding patient accounts to record payment, patient responsibility, and denied services. Process image direct deposit and maintain reporting with the finance department. The minimum level of educational attainment and/or length and character of experience needed to perform the job effectively. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
6-12 months experience in a health care setting required.
1-2 years experience preferred.
Pass EUPA's for all Epic applications associated with position within the first 90 days
• Strong computer and general office equipment knowledge required.
• Must be able to type a minimum 45 WPM.
• Excellent data entry skills required.
• Proficient with 10-key numeric keypad.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Post cash payments to the proper accounts both patient and insurance, applying contractual adjustments for managed care, post insurance checks according to the EOB and implementing special discounts when appropriate. Must show a strong understanding of EOBs received from the insurance company.
• Open and sort all incoming mail for the patient accounting department, and direct to the proper area.
• Must have a working knowledge of all pertinent programs: ITMS Client, Onbase, EPIC, Healthcare Links and other banking products
• Ability to assist all internal and external customers with patience and knowledge of the task requested.
• Other job duties and responsibilities as required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1203 Pt Acctg - Pt Financial Svcs (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website