A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BLH Bronson LakeView Hospital 404 Building, BLIRC Bronson Lifestyle Improvement & Research Center, BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital, BSH Bronson South Haven Wellness Center
ProHealth Support Assistant - PRN
The ProHealth Support Assistant performs various duties including, answering telephones, greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, completing registration, patient check-in (including verification of patient demographic information) and check-out (including payment collection), coding and/or managing work queues, and handling medical records. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 6-12 months of related experience required.
• Must have keyboarding and computer skills, the ability to file accurately, possess professional communication and excellent customer service skills and be able to perform other light clerical duties as assigned.
• Previous computer experience including hospital-based programs (i.e., Epic/Medic/Misys/Tiger or other practice management system) preferred.
• Proficient in ability to organize, alphabetize, and file and prioritize multiple tasks. Must have excellent math skills and be able to use basic office equipment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive medical information.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• Accurately registers patients / customers and confirms patient / guarantor/employer demographic and insurance information is accurate. Completes all required fields in electronic health record to assure accurate billing.
• Collects payments on self pay services.
• Enter payments into electronic health record.
• Manages workqueues in electronic health record.
• Schedules and coordinates patient appointments, according to office / provider preferences and the needs of patients.
• Answers telephones, takes messages, routes callers, and provides / relays information in a manner consistent with service standards.
• Maintains patient medical records according to current required standards. Obtains patient authorization for transfer of any / all private health information.
• Maintains patient confidentiality of data and information.
• Performs basic office duties such as sorting / distributing mail, copying, filing, faxing, ordering supplies, and completing forms, as needed.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
7690 ProHealth (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website