A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Referral Coordinator - Patient Access, Call Center
The Referral Coordinator coordinates all aspects of the referral process, including referral activity in the office between the patient, physician, specialty office, primary care office, and insurance company. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience and/or training required
Successful completion of a Medical Assistant or LPN program preferred
Current Medical Assistant Registry or Certification, or LPN license in the state of Michigan preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology, and CPT, ICD-9 coding
• Must have excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Medic).
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain positive customer service.
• Ability to establish effective working relations with office staff and employees in a team environment.
• Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Effective prioritization skills and ability to manage time independently.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• Maintain patient confidentiality.
• Maintain excellent customer service, including problem-solving payor issues.
• Manages electronic health record referral/order work queues according to office/provider preference and the needs of patients.
• Coordinates and schedules referral activity.
• Obtains accurate billing and demographic information.
• Assures prior authorization for requested services under payer guidelines.
• Communicates delays/denials to ProHealth team and employer.
• Process referrals by CPT, ICD-9 coding.
• Participates in case management meetings.
• Additional duties based on department
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1207 Patient Access - Call Center (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website