A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Registered Nurse BBC ICU FT Var
Under direct RN supervision and in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the organization, unit and the Nurse Practice Act, follows the professional nurse core orientation pathway and participates in managing the care delivery for patients in the hospital throughout the length of stay to achieve quality outcomes and timely discharge by utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; coordinating the care provided by other professionals; delegating selected acts, tasks or functions that fall within the scope of professional nursing practice and the abilities of patient care assistants and universal support assistants; providing selected aspects of physical care within the scope of professional nursing practice as appropriate given the patient's level of acuity and complexity of care required; and documenting and communicating during each tour of duty the patient's response to care provided, consumption of resources and anticipated needs. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Associate's degree, Diploma, or a BS or BSN from an approved or accredited Nursing Program prior to employment required
Evidence of graduation from an accredited or approved School of Nursing. Proof may be by a transcript that shows/states completion of nursing program, or a letter from the Director of the nursing program that states candidate has completed a nursing program and is qualified to take boards.
Upon successful completion of NCLEX and obtainment of RN license, candidate will be moved into a Registered Nurse position. Please note: Successful completion of NCLEX is required within 8 weeks of graduation.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze data from various computer systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan of action
• Must be able to constantly communicate both verbally and in writing
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
Participates under direct supervision of RN:
• Assesses the patient's physical and developmental needs
• Analyzes assessment data to identify appropriate patient needs
• Documents nursing history and age appropriate physical/emotional needs/strengths for assigned patients.
• Develops a plan of care for assigned patients, based upon assessment.
• Manages care plan for assigned patients by organizing and delegating therapeutic patient care interventions to be implemented and evaluating effectiveness of care given by self and others.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to assess condition of patient and detect deviations from normal.
• Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, implements appropriate interventions and/or notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and policies.
• Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
• Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
• Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
• Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
• Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
• Manages discharge planning and preparation for assigned patients.
• Manages personal, unit, and hospital resources effectively
• Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, including self-audits of patient care and pathway documentation.
• Demonstrates responsibility for professional development by following & documenting of New Grad Pathway, as well as NCLEX preparation.
• Develops and provides a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department.
• Demonstrates ability to function effectively in role of PCA until NCLEX success and COS to RN.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1670 Bed Utilization (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website