A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Registered Nurse BMH Adult Float Pool FT 12N
Under direct RN supervision and in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the organization, unit and the Nurse Practice Act, follows the professional nurse core orientation pathway and participates in managing the care delivery for patients in the hospital throughout the length of stay to achieve quality outcomes and timely discharge by utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; coordinating the care provided by other professionals; delegating selected acts, tasks or functions that fall within the scope of professional nursing practice and the abilities of patient care assistants and universal support assistants; providing selected aspects of physical care within the scope of professional nursing practice as appropriate given the patient's level of acuity and complexity of care required; and documenting and communicating during each tour of duty the patient's response to care provided, consumption of resources and anticipated needs. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Associate's degree in Nursing required
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred, must obtain within 5 years of hire
As of December 29, 2013, any nurse hired by Bronson who does not hold a BSN (or higher nursing degree) will be given five years from date of hire date to obtain. If, after five years, the nurse has not met this requirement, employment will be terminated.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan
BLS competency required by completion of core orientation
Critical care or Advanced Life Support is required for RN Nurse nurses
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze data from various computer systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan of action
• Must be able to constantly communicate both verbally, in writing and electronically.
• Activities and treatments must be recorded in an accurate manner and technical information and instructions must be communicated to patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
Standards of Practice:
• The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patients' health or the situation.
o Assesses the patient's physical and developmental needs
o Analyzes assessment data to identify appropriate patient needs
o Documents nursing history and age appropriate physical/emotional needs/strengths for assigned patients
o Reviews vital signs to assess condition of patient and detect deviations from normal.
• The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine patient problems or issues
o Uses the assessment data to identify patient problems
o Confirms problems with patient and family when appropriate
o Documents the expected outcomes and plan of care related to the problems through use of the clinical pathway and outcome teaching record
• The registered nurse identified expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient
o Utilizes the patient/family input when defining outcomes. Incorporates the patient values, ethical and cultural considerations.
o Coordinates discharge planning for outcomes not achieved utilizing the continuum of care available.
• The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
o Incorporates clinical pathways into the plan when appropriate
o Develops individualized interventions with patient input when appropriate
o Considers data from other members of the healthcare team when developing the plan of care
• The registered nurse implements the identified plan.
o Implements appropriate interventions.
o Administers prescribed medication and treatment in accordance with approved nursing techniques and polices
o Utilizes evidence-based interventions specific to the patients plan
o Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the patient.
o Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, and coordinates the implementation of the plan.
o Manages the care plan for patients by organizing and delegation patient care interventions to be implemented. Evaluates the effectiveness of care given by self and others.
• The registered nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of the expected outcomes
o Evaluates the effectiveness of the planned interventions and the patient response toward achievement of the expected outcomes.
o Documents the patient response toward the expected outcomes.
Standards of Professional Performance:
• The registered nurse systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
o Participates in quality improvement activities
o Uses the results of quality improvement activities to initiate changes in nursing practice.
• The registered nurse attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice.
o Participates in ongoing educational activities related to appropriate knowledge and professional issues.
o Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and continued ongoing educational activities.
• The registered nurse evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules and regulations.
o Provides age appropriate care in a culturally and ethnically sensitive manner.
o Participates in self-evaluation, identifying areas of strengths as well as areas benefiting from professional development.
o Participates in systematic peer review as appropriate.
• The registered nurse interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
o Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues
o Maintains compassionate and caring relationships with peers and colleagues
o Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
• The registered nurse collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
o Partners with the multiple health disciplines to effect change and generate positive outcomes for the patient and family, based on the plan of care.
• The registered nurse integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice.
o Delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity, confidentiality and rights.
o Demonstrates a commitment to connecting with self and others through relationship centered care giving.
o Serves as a patient advocate
• The registered nurse integrates research finding into practice.
o Uses research to improve the health of patients and the practice environment.
o Participates in the various levels of research based on their level of education. Such activities may include: identifying clinical problems, participating in data collection, participating in the research committee, sharing research activities/finding with others, conducting research, analyzing data and trends of nursing practice to develop changes in nursing practice and utilizes evidence based practice in the development of policies, procedures and standards of practice in patient care.
• The registered nurse considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
o Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs and condition of the patient, potential for harm, complexity of the nursing activity, required problem solving and innovation, predictability of outcome, extent of patient interaction
o Assists the patient and family in becoming informed consumers about the options, costs, risks and benefits of treatments and care.
• The registered nurse provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
o Participated in nursing councils, hospital and unit based committees as appropriate.
o Attends at least 50% of unit staff meetings
o Works to create and maintain professional, healthy work environment when representing Bronson in all settings (local, regional or nationally)
12 Hour Night Shift
Scheduled Weekly Hours
6780 Float Pool (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website