A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek, BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Registered Nurse BMH Radiology
Under general supervision, the Radiology Clinician is responsible for providing safe, quality nursing care to patients undergoing studies in the Department of Radiology. Responds to emergency situations involving patients in this department. Serves as a resource preceptor to medical/technical and nursing staff regarding patient care in Radiology. Collaborates as a functional member of the Radiology team, and performs related duties as assigned. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited nursing program prior to employment, and successful completion of hospital, nursing and department specific orientation based upon unit and experience level. As of December 29, 2013, any nurse hired by Bronson who does not hold a BSN (or higher nursing degree) will be given five years from date of hire date to obtain. If, after five years, the nurse has not met this requirement, employment will be terminated.
- Licensed RN in good standing with the state of Michigan required.
- BLS competency required by completion of core orientation.
- Critical care experience required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required by completion of orientation.
Ability to read, interpret and analyze data from various computer systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan of action.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clean, well-lighted & temperature controlled environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts/equipment, or other hazardous conditions, infectious disease from blood/air borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
The employee must have the ability to cope with a high level of stress, make fast decisions under pressure. Regularly works with patients where social sensitivity and the ability to communicate effectively are definitely required. Must be able to work and communicate with all managers, employees, physicians, and customers with which Imagining Services Department does business. Must be able to work well within a small work group which includes: communicating effectively with team members, assertively handling conflict, diplomatically resolving issues, participating in problem-solving. Individuals in this position must treat everyone in a professional manner.
- The registered nurse will practice according to the scope and standards established by the American Nurses Association (2010).
- Assesses monitors and provides appropriate professional nursing care to patients throughout their stay in radiology nursing.
- Documents abnormalities in physical assessment, as well as recommended interventions and patient response; obtains and notes physician orders; and, maintains appropriate nursing and patient records.
- Communicates significant data to physicians and other members of the team as each case proceeds.
- Administers medications under physician direction including those given with the intent to sedate.
- Assists with procedures as needed.
- Implements physician orders for pre and post procedural care.
- Coordinates patient care with nursing units.
- Supports all modalities within Imagining Services Department.
- Recognizes and monitors contrast and adverse reactions within Imagining Services.
- Monitors and maintains emergency equipment within the department as directed.
- Facilitates data collection.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a manner that is reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- On-call requirement to cover after-hour needs. Response time from BMH procedures is 30 minutes from the time page is received.
- May require additional duties at BBC IR or BMH Cath Lab as assigned by leadership. Primary responsibilities are in BMH IR/Radiology Nursing.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3109 Radiology Nursing (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website