A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Registered Nurse- Float Position for Obstetrics & Gynecology
Working under provider's direction, provides all general nursing staff functions for the practice. Records vital signs, provides initial patient assessment, obtains concise patient history, and provides clinical information and support to providers. Processes and posts information to patient's charts and provides patient and family with education regarding medications, treatment and care, and patient referrals. Additional responsibilities include assisting in other areas as needed and phone triage of patients. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- Diploma, Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing required 6-12 months experience in healthcare preferred
- Licensed RN in good standing with the State of Michigan required.BLS certification required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and effective problem solving and prioritization skills and the ability to process information in a confidential manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, doctors and other staff; ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think, as well as function, as an integral team member with other healthcare professionals
- Must possess excellent computer skills with ability to read, interpret and analyze data from various computer systems
- Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
- Prepares for patient appointments. Maintains documentation standards and reviews chart prior to appointment to assure requests and documents are available.
- Prepares patients for examinations including patient assessment, histories, vital signs, medication reconciliation, and routine testing of hearing, vision or other. Provides initial assessment of patient's condition to physician as needed.
- Triage calls and determine urgency, necessity of appointments or whether phone advice is sufficient.
- Assists provider with minor and emergency procedures and examinations. Follows instructions of physicians and provides reassurance for patients during examination.
- Under direction of provider, schedules tests and procedure for patients in other departments of facilities. Prepares patients for the exams and procedures by providing appropriate instructions.
- Documents results from ordered tests/procedures. Notifies patients of results and documents in medical record appropriately.
- Performs point of care laboratory tests as directed by the physician. Accurately documents required information in patient's medical record.
- Coordinate admissions, referrals, facilitates prescriptions requests. • Under the directions of the provider, provides patient and family with appropriate education regarding their care.
- Takes verbal, telephone and written orders for medications from physicians. Knowledgeably administers treatment as requested by the physician including dispensing ordered medications (may be oral, I.M., or s/q) and properly records all data.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Records test and assessment results in patient chart.
- Participates in performance improvement monitoring. Collects and collates data for monitoring quality of care and works to ensure all delivered care meets appropriate standards. Uses the results of quality improvement activities to initiate changes in nursing practice.
- Assures proper communication back to other healthcare team members.
- Attends staff and other meetings as required. Participates in ongoing educational activities related to appropriate knowledge and professional issues. Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and continued ongoing educational activities.
- Assists in completion of miscellaneous forms (Workers Compensation, Disability, and State of Michigan) as required.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of colleagues by knowledge sharing.
- Stocks supplies and maintains examination rooms.
- Familiar with various insurance and referral policies.
- Attends staff, educational, or other meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8700 Bronson Obstetrics And Gynecology - Cent (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website