A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Grp Inc.
Systems Engineer II
The Systems Engineer II is responsible for activities related to the selection, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of enterprise virtualization systems, both on-premise and off-premise supporting the activities of Bronson Healthcare Group. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the documentation, communication of system and related components, and coordination within their team and with other IT, customer and vendor teams. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting infrastructure issues and working with customers both internal and external to effectively resolve them. This role is also responsible for managing and maintaining the infrastructure as part of a team to ensure 24/7/365 uptime. This is a multi-enterprise, complex, geographically-dispersed system, ranging from single systems to multi-tier, multi-platform systems.
Bachelor's degree preferred or 5 years of successful progressive experience in the area of information systems. Certification or progress toward certification completion may be required dependent on an individual's specific position.
• VMware VCP6, VCP6.5 or VCP7 certifications preferred.
• Working knowledge of VMware vSphere Power CLI.
• Advanced knowledge of VMware distributed switching.
• At least 5 years designing, implementing and administering VMWare hosting environments.
• Working knowledge of Business Continuity and/or DR expertise across on-premise and public cloud environments.
• Working knowledge of Azure infrastructure, services, and governance.
• Cloud Management Certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of at least one containerization product, such as Docker or CoreOS.
• Working knowledge of at least one automation platform, such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
• At least 1 year configuring, deploying, and maintaining public-cloud hosted services.
• Working knowledge of SAN/NAS and related storage technology required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications, hardware requirements and process improvement workflows.
• Ability to create system documentation, project plans, test scripts and education materials.
• General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications in a healthcare delivery environment.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of application analysis, design, build, deployment, modification, enhancement, support as well as troubleshooting techniques.
• Expertise in project management with demonstrated ability to bring assignments to satisfactory conclusion according to defined parameters, and change control, quality and system performance methods and metrics of applicable systems. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data needs. Evaluate identified areas of improvement for feasibility.
• Corrects routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or works with other IT staff and System Coordinators to correct individual problem situations and restore service.
• Develops and maintains collegial relationships with all System Coordinators and IT staff as relates to systems in area of responsibility.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the information systems and communications field and evaluates developments for applicability or incorporation into existing applications.
• Evaluates systems, processing, and development needs and recommends additional equipment or new systems.
• Participates in efforts to resolve or ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Implements and manages procedures to monitor capacity planning including disk utilization, CPU utilization and throughput; implements and document performance tuning changes.
• Responsible for design, configuration, installation, documentation, upgrades and support of BHG's departmental and enterprise-wide virtualization platforms, both on-premise and hosted.
• Performs procedures to monitor capacity planning. Assist in implementation and documentation of performance tuning changes.
• Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
• Aligns and coordinates resources, priorities, work plans, and activities among the System Engineering Team of Information Technology.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of IT Systems Engineering operations.
• Be able to effectively troubleshoot server availability, connectivity and performance issues from the guest OS through the virtual infrastructure stack.
• Recommend maintenance and code upgrades of all virtual platforms and related infrastructure.
• Produce metrics in order to gauge the performance of the environment.
• Collaborates with the IT Manager in aligning goals, objectives, and work plans for the delivery of timely and quality IT services.
• Communicates and consults with information technology personnel and advisory groups to administer systems infrastructure.
• Builds trust and develops effective working relationships between Core technology team and constituencies ensuring timely and quality IT.
• Demonstrated ability to move people to action without direct organizational control.
• Exceptional customer service skills with superior oral and written communication skills necessary to consult with customers, manage projects, conduct presentations, and tactfully manage sensitive situations.
• Must be able to interact with end-users to gather the information necessary to diagnose, address, and document their technology issues.
• Must consistently negotiate and act on deliverables and timeframes with stakeholders (end-users, peers, etc.), take ownership of issues, and respond to issues within expected timeframes.
• Demonstrate advanced leadership skills and serve as a role model within the IT organization. Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a computer monitor between 40 and 70 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of lightweight objects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1451 Information Technology Data Center (BHG)
Apply on company website