A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Unit Coordinator BBC C5 Medical Surgical Oncology
Under general supervision from the unit manager and/or director, and in accordance with the policies and guidelines established within the organization and individual unit, the unit coordinator's priority is to function as leader and clinical liaison with staff, physicians and management, providing continuity of leadership day to day. The unit coordinator acts as a role model, mentor, coach and resource person to staff to ensure all unit standards are maintained and to encourage a team environment. The unit coordinator is involved in assisting managers in attracting, developing, maintaining, and retaining qualified staff members. Duties may include assisting with hiring, orientation, monitoring and evaluating performance, problem solving, employee counseling, staffing, payroll and budget. In addition to duties involving unit personnel, the unit coordinator serves as a contact for internal and external customers. He/she is responsible for maintaining a safe environment of care, which fosters positive customer service and meets all quality standards, implementing new and monitoring ongoing processes. This role provides opportunity for leadership succession. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and 2 years of clinical experience required Master's degree in Nursing preferred Previous management experience preferred Formal or informal leadership experience preferred Education/experience level may differ for the specific department/unit
Licensed Registered Nurse in good standing with the State of Michigan
Advanced Nursing Specific Certification preferred
Department specific requirements as necessary such as PALS, BLS, ACLS etc.
Unit Coordinators in Labor & Delivery and Mother/Baby/Antepartum at BMH & BBC Specific: The Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification through PQF or NCC is required within 6 months of completing intermediate fetal monitoring
• Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills required • Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, ability to resolve conflict, and ability to work as a team leader
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability
• Must work independently, be able to meet deadlines and demonstrate accountability for assignments
• Must have the ability to use software relevant to the job (i.e. – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
• Must have the ability to organize and analyze data
• Must be able to speak and write English fluently
• Interpretation of regulatory standards and assessment of impact to the organization Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Evaluates quality and appropriateness of care. o Conducts/facilitates audits for accreditation, regulatory requirements and organizational standards.
• Accounts for coordination of day-to-day unit operations, i.e. patient placements, staff assignments.
• Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel. Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
* Coordinates department staff schedule with manager input as needed.
* Adjusts department staffing on a day-to-day basis to meet staffing needs (including managing volume changes, replacing call-ins, etc.)
* Facilitates staff attendance at organizational committees, meetings, etc.
* Manages staffing levels to help department achieve its budget.
* Participates in projecting staffing needs and assisting in creating a staffing plan with manager/director. o Approve/deny PTO.
* Follows organizational policies and procedures for staffing and provides open communication with staff about scheduling requests/issues.
• Acts as clinical expert resource, mentoring staff, maintains positive relationships, and builds teamwork within the entire healthcare team.
* Maintains knowledge on guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
* Provides input into guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
• Acts as first responder for clinical and service recovery issues. Acts as a resource person for staff questions related to job performance and departmental processes.
• Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to nurse manager. o Provides ongoing feedback to staff related to job performance (focuses on immediate performance coaching as necessary).
* Monitors staff performance on a day-to-day basis. o Works with manager to develop Personal Development Plans including follow up and mentoring.
* Acts as role model, coach, and mentor to staff.
• Evaluates performance of personnel.
* Provides and collates peer input for evaluation.
* Communicates all staff behavior and performance issues with manager as necessary.
* Participates in discipline process of employees with manager notification for attendance, behavioral and performance issues.
* Participates in the evaluation process of employees at manager's discretion. • Co-facilitates planning and conducting of shared governance meeting. Acts as mentor to staff chair of shared governance.
• Facilitates charge nurse and other unit meetings, reporting to nurse manager.
• Participates in recruitment, selection and retention of personnel. o Assists manager in the staff hiring process (e.g. assist with interview process).
• Creates and supports an environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged and valued.
12 Hour Night Shift
Scheduled Weekly Hours
6421 C5 Oncology (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website