The Academic Department Manager (ADM) manages the financial, administrative, and human resources operations for the Department, ensuring that financial and administrative practices conform to University policies. The ADM develops and implements internal procedures and protocols and plays a critical leadership role in support of budget management and analysis, supervises administrative staff, student affairs, grants/gifts/endowments administration, and performs other miscellaneous activities related to the management of the department and program.
The ADM works closely with the Department Chair to facilitate short and long-range strategic planning and the allocation of financial and budgetary activities. The position supports the Department Chair regarding the articulation of policies, protocols, and other communications to staff and faculty.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Financial management experience required.
- Experienced working in higher education.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Strong staff management skills required, i.e. hiring, supervision, employee evaluation, and salary review.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to assess priorities and pivot in response to pressing departmental needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong aptitude for learning new systems.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:2023-01-26-08:00
Job Posting Title:Academic Department Manager
Department:Department of Sociology
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
Apply on company website