The Center Coordinator for the Center for Language Studies (CLS) coordinates the administrative systems and performs the financial role functions that enables the Center to achieve and maintain a high level of excellence in all scholarly, teaching, programming and professional development endeavors.
The Center Coordinator will provide critical support to the CLS Director and Assistant Director for the management of all events, the tracking of budgets, the overseeing of student workers, and the marketing, advertising and promotion of events relating to the mission of the CLS. The incumbent serves in support of the CLS mission to support the teaching and learning of all languages at Brown, working together with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of departments.
The incumbent works together with the Academic Department Manager from World Languages, the departmental-side of the CLS, to serve as the financial coordinator, tracking expenses and grants, and compiling monthly budget reports.
The incumbent serves as the outreach, communication and events coordinator; supports classroom needs; maintains, organizes and manages various administrative and financial processes. The Center Coordinator works collaboratively, as well as independently, and is a central point of contact between the Center staff, students and other constituents.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), ten (10) month position, working from the end of August through the end of June.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree with 2-3 of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a university setting highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and proof-reading skills.
- Experience working with budgets and financial accounting systems.
- Show an interest in languages and cultures, potentially speak a foreign language, preferred
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through on projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, anticipate logistical problems and resolve issues quickly.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work cooperatively to provide coverage of events and programmatic needs.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Google suites. Experience with and/or willingness to learn new tools and software used for design and promotional purposes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, administrators and international guests.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-11-11-08:00
Job Posting Title:Center Coordinator
Department:Center for Language Studies
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website