The Data Analyst/Report Writer analyzes and reports on data related to the composition of the applicant pool and the admitted and entering classes at Brown. The Data Analyst designs, produces, validates and distributes both qualitative and quantitative reports, queries and visual presentations to support all facets of the admission process. The Data Analyst provides timely and interpretive reports for senior admission leadership to inform recruitment, communication, selection and enrollment strategies and policies. Identifies data needs and develops reporting tools.
Manages metrics preparation, analyzes historic trends and creates dashboard reporting for the office to support admission processes.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree and 2 to 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with statistics, research methods, and computer-based reporting tools.
- Experience in SQL/SAS for querying data and for data manipulation/transformation preferred.
- Experience in academic or an academic organization preferred as well as experience working with undergraduate student application data.
- Highly developed quantitative skills in data analysis; statistical training desirable.
- Proficiency in data retrieval using Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Cognos, or Slate, or demonstrated ability to master such tools.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with database design, desktop reporting tools and information display tools.
- Proven experience with software and reporting tools (Microsoft Office suite, Visio, Oracle, SQL, SAS and Tableau).
- Advanced MS Excel including: vlookup; pivot tables and charts; complex nested formulas macros; matches and indexes.
- Proficiency in presenting information, and the ability to articulate complex statistical issues, verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong project development skills with proven ability to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent and sound judgment with ability to recognize requests that are time sensitive or that involve confidentiality concerns.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to work productively, patiently and cooperatively with other teams and individuals.
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-09-07:00
Job Posting Title:Data Analyst/Report Writer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website