Advance Clinical and Translational Research (Advance-CTR) was established in 2016 through receipt of an IDeA- CTR Award from the National Institutes of General Medical Sciences. Advance-CTR is a statewide hub supporting clinical and translational researchers in Rhode Island by providing funding, services, and professional development opportunities. We strive to fuel discoveries that improve the overall health in the state.
The Data and Reporting Manager will lead data management, analytics and reporting efforts across Advance-CTR with a focus on impact measurement. The Data and Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing data collected from Advance-CTR program awardees, service users, partner organizations, and stakeholders. The incumbent will manage the centralization of Advance-CTR data, and drive innovation in data collection, management and reporting through new methodologies and tools. The incumbent will manage, clean and manipulate large datasets, and perform data analysis to support Advance-CTR reporting. The Data and Reporting Manager will independently manage all Advance-CTR reporting initiatives including internal reporting to program leadership, and external reporting to Advisory Committees, and the National Institutes of Health. The incumbent will ensure alignment with data collection, measurement frameworks, and impact metrics. The incumbent will analyze, synthesize, and produce key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences across Advance-CTR and beyond. Reporting to the Administrative Director, the incumbent will work closely with the Administrative Core Managers, and the Tracking and Evaluation Director to ensure efficient and effective data and reporting outcomes.
- Required: BS
- Preferred: MS, MPH, MBA or PhD
- 3-5 years of experience with project or program data management, preferably in an academic/medical research environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with electronic data collection, formatting, and reporting
- Strong skills and experience managing, cleaning and manipulating large datasets
- Demonstrated experience performing data analyses; SAS and/or SPSS experience is preferred
- Experience with NIH funded mechanisms and NIH reporting systems
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize tasks as needed
- Proven ability to understand and navigate complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Criminal and education background check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-18-07:00
Job Posting Title:Data and Reporting Manager
Department:Program in Biology
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website