Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
Center for Computation Visualization
Computing and Information Services
The Data Scientist consults and collaborates with staff and faculty to build out data products and services across the university's administrative, research, and teaching operations. These products and services enable data-driven decision making by senior administrators, enhance the university's research efforts, and improve learning outcome for students. This position is a 2 year fixed term position with the possibility of an extension contingent on available funding.
- Master's degree is required for the 10E position and a minimum of 1 year of non-academic work experience is preferred.
- PhD degree is preferred for the 11E position and a minimum of 3 years of non-academic work experience is preferred.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or with a similar technical and computational emphasis.
- Expertise in several of the following areas: statistics; machine learning; high-performance and distributed computing; data mining, exploration and visualization; data management; algorithm design; software engineering.
- Experience with the python programing language and at least some of the following packages and tools: python, pandas, numpy, matplotlib, plotly, scikit-learn, git, conda, docker, sql.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines, and an eagerness to take ownership of challenging and open-ended assignments.
- Effectively works alone but also in a team.
- Effective at communicating with audiences whose technical backgrounds vary widely.
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification is required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-10-31-07:00
Job Posting Title:Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
Department:Office of Chief Digital Officer & CIO
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website