This position provides administrative pre/post award and financial services to the Department Manager, Chair, Grants and Financial Manager, Graduate Students, Postdocs, Research Track Faculty and Tenure Track Faculty who are Principal Investigators (P.I.'s). Prepares and reviews grant proposals for all department submissions using COEUS grant management tool and sponsor submission tools. Coordinates sponsored research funding and contracts by reviewing and processing awards, interpreting and ensuring compliance with award terms and conditions, providing guidance regarding sponsored project issues, budget management, expenditure review, financial reporting, and participation in training.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Accounting or Finance major preferred) and 1 to 2 years of finance and budget experience (preferably in academia or not-for-profit), and research administration experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Accounting experience preferred, specifically with accounts payable, accounts receivable, analysis, reporting, reconciling, and journal entries.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills. Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web based programs and tools, Gmail and related Google applications, FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Excellent math skills
- Good customer service skills and attitude
- Effective communication skills-both oral and written-to elicit and communicate information, to analyze data, and to prepare /present clear, informative, and concise materials.
- File management skills
- Willingness and interest to continue learning
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work outside of regular hours to meet grant and department deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment
- Must be able to work with diverse population
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-10-31-07:00
Job Posting Title:Grants and Financial Coordinator
Department:Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website