The Grants and Research Manager manages the financial and research administration in one (1) of four (4) administrative units in the School of Public Health. Provides high-level grants management and research administration services to all affiliated faculty, postdocs, staff, and research affiliates within their unit. They will assist faculty with researching grant opportunities or interpretations regarding RFPs and sponsored award or contract terms and conditions. They will oversee all sponsored regulatory updates and collectively with Brown research offices stay current with processes and federal grant changes. This position also manages and supervises grants administration staff.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required plus at least five (5) to seven (7) years of financial and budget experience, preferably in an academic setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct experience in financial management, including budget management, reporting, financial modeling, and financial analysis; policy implementation; and research administration, including familiarity with all relevant policies and procedures; experience with managing staff preferred
- Experience in grant accounting required.
- Experience using the COEUS database preferred.
- Proven accounting skills/experience required including the ability to analyze and reconcile accounts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize own workload and workload of others
- Proficiency with Microsoft and GSuite Programs and FileMaker. Workday experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Effective customer service skills
- File and database management skills
- Willingness and ability to continue to learn
- Must be able to shift focus and priority in pressure environment
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Must be able to work with large volumes of work, multiple project deadlines, and diverse personalities.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-11-17-08:00
Job Posting Title:Grants and Research Manager (Pre-Award)
Department:Public Health Administration
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, in the administration of its policies, programs, and activities.
Apply on company website