This part-time position is responsible for the production and distribution of high quality Drosophila media to support research my multiple laboratories. The laboratory assistant must collect orders placed by laboratories, order supplies, produce food according to specific recipes. In addition, the position is required to trouble-shoot any concerns from researches and transmit production data to the MCB Administrative Assistant on a weekly basis for billing.
- Education: High School degree
- Ability to follow protocols precisely and to produce media according to laboratory guidelines
- Able to measure regents accurately
- Operate required equipment eg: dishwasher, autoclave, steam kettle and food pump
- Must have significant computer skills to produce spread sheets, send e-mail and track data
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and motivation to discuss strategies to solve food-related production issues in a timely manner, if the need arises
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2019-10-28-07:00
Job Posting Title:Lab Assistant
Department:Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:15
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website