The Lead Administrative Coordinator serves along with other Administrative Coordinators in assisting faculty, staff, students, and other Brown University constituents about the department's transportation, parking and ID card program and services. The Lead Coordinator is responsible for various functions including administrative office support, customer service, cash management, billing, and various systems usage and support. In addition, this position is responsible as a Workday Financial Coordinator and Timekeeper and will assist the Director with respect to general administrative and operational oversight and project coordination.
The Lead Coordinator is primarily responsible for administrative support of parking and other transportation related operations. The Coordinator must effectively communicate information about parking policies and procedures to customers and staff. Process receivables in the appropriate system including Banner (student), ParkAdmin, and/or complete the necessary paperwork to initiate payment via Payroll deduction. Coordinate enforcement efforts with Transportation Office staff. Process all parking transactions and related information including assignment (or reassignment), violations, and fines in ParkAdmin (the Transportation Office's parking management software system). Have sufficient knowledge to respond to all but the most complex or specialized inquiries relating to the many department programs and services working with the Brown ID card, including OIM problem resolution.
In conjunction with the Director, the Lead Coordinator must manage the undergraduate student parking lottery, medical and graduate student parking. Manage special projects requiring ID cards, badges and time cards for individuals and campus departments (Example: ADOCH). Assist Director with coordination of the summer program schedule including card production for summer pre-college and sports camps. In conjunction with the Director, build and maintain the annual operational calendar and communicate to all staff and coordinate ad-hoc operational projects.
The Lead Administrative Coordinator must also assume responsibilities of a Workday Financial Coordinator and Timekeeper; provide departmental oversight for cash management and assist the Director with general administrative and operational oversight.
- Bachelor's degree; 1 – 2 years' administrative office experience (higher education preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service with the ability to handle complaints pleasantly and skillfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in a multiple priority environment
- Ability to shift focus and prioritize in a pressured environment
- Ability to work proficiently with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Google tools – Gmail and Google Docs. Must be able to support office operations using Google tools, Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software.
- Working knowledge of card access, identity management, photo imaging and transportation/parking systems preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education check satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-21-07:00
Job Posting Title:Lead Administrative Coordinator
Department:Transportation and Brown Card Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website