The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the health care team at Health Services that serves the diverse student population at Brown. The MA is responsible for the intake and preparation of patients, assisting medical providers, performing waived tests, stocking, cleaning (per infection control protocols), scheduling appointments(internal/external), and performing office duties including release of information, faxing, scanning, copying, filing, referrals and referral tracking.
This is a .75 FTE, 9 month position, working 5 days per week with rotation to evenings during the academic year.
Brown Health Services, an accredited AAAHC health center, offers comprehensive primary care services to more than 9,000 students, providing over 30,000 annual visits. Services available on-site include primary and urgent medical care, laboratory, x-ray, pharmacy and immunizations. Other departments reporting to Health and Wellness include BWell Health Promotion, Counseling and Psychological Services, Emergency Medical Services and Student and Employee Accessibility Services.
- Certification from a Medical Assistant training program or equivalent including training in medical and office assisting
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Clinical experience in an ambulatory setting
- Minimum one year medical office experience required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse population required; experience working with diverse student populations preferred
- Orientation towards quality customer service necessary
- Computer efficiency and experience with EHR preferred
- CPR certification
All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-06-07-07:00
Job Posting Title:Medical Assistant
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website