Computing and Information Services
The Network Specialist will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting data network equipment and tools used to manage the data network. This position will also schedule and initiate work to be done to maintain and upgrade systems and tools in addition to reviewing network documentation and diagrams and updating documentation as needed. The Network Specialist will process network requests and trouble tickets and respond to on-call incidents during non-business hours. This position will provide training and second level network support to the CIS IT Service Center and CIS Communications technicians.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years of experience troubleshooting IP wired, wireless and VPN networks preferred.
- Industry standard certifications such as CCNA, CWNA, Security+ and GCIH preferred..
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Infoblox (DNS/DHCP), F5 (Load balancing or VPN) and Solarwinds preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills; tact and sensitivity in dealing with diverse user community.
- Good written and oral communications skills required.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification is required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-10-07:00
Job Posting Title:Network Specialist
Department:Office of Chief Digital Officer & CIO
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website