A research team in the Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research at the Brown University School of Public Health is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the center as a project coordinator / data analyst. The role involves working with a PI and other center investigators and staff on research related to health services research and health economics. This position would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in research and public health to get experience performing analysis, managing projects, and writing manuscripts that have the potential to influence health policy. Some of the team's areas of study include the Medicare program, the Medicaid program, and managed care. This position can be in-person, hybrid, or worked remotely.
The project coordinator / analyst will assist with data manipulation and analysis, project management, and day-to-day coordination of several research projects. Furthermore, they will contribute to summarizing and interpreting results and manuscript/report preparation. They will manage and clean large datasets, develop and maintain analytic files, conduct analysis of primary and secondary research data, assist in the preparation of reports, manuscripts and project-related technical writing.
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of data analysis, research, and/or project management experience or master's degree in public health, public policy, economics, or a related field.
- Data analysis and/or research experience
- Preferred: Experience in the field of health policy or economics, Experience with statistical programs including Stata and/or SAS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for completing tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Mastery of Windows, MS Office software (especially Excel, Powerpoint, and Word), common internet browsers
- Proficiency with Stata, SAS, R, or other statistical computing programs
- Preferred: Knowledge of research design, measurement issues, and sampling
- Preferred: Background or awareness of issues in health policy or economics
Additional physical demands and working conditions: Remote Eligible.
All candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification that are satisfactory to Brown University.
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of 6/30/2024 which may be extended based upon available funding.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-07-12-07:00
Job Posting Title:Project Coordinator-Data Analyst
Department:Department of Health Services, Policy & Practice
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Remote Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website