The research assistant will acquire and analyze data, support students in the lab, organize lab meetings, ensure safety and waste disposal compliance, order and organize supplies, contribute to overall lab administration. The desired candidate will be responsible for performing routine lab work including media preparation, large-scale protein expression, protein purification, protein characterization using functional and biophysical methods (ligand binding assay, activity assays, circular dichroism, ITC), and protein crystallization. Additional responsibilities include performing general lab administration, which includes the organization and maintenance of lab databases and stocks, ordering, data entry and other duties as assigned.
- Required: - Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field with 1-2 years of related research experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years Research experience
- Experience with protein purification and molecular biology
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently to implement research experiments and protocols
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Thorough, methodological and accurate work habits
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as a part of a team, as well as independently.
- Solid general computer skills including Microsoft Word
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-16-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Department:Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website