The primary purpose of this position is to help the lab make progress toward its research goals. This work will focus on understanding the development and functions of NK cells and Innate Lymphoid Cells. The research assistant works closely with the PI, staff scientist, graduate students and post-docs to carry out research in these areas of research. The research assistant also provides technical assistance, coordinates laboratory research according to established laboratory protocols, maintains the small animal colony, and supervises and trains lab aids.
Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry or related science required (grade 7). Bachelor's degree with 1 – 2 years' relevant laboratory experience required (grade 8).
• Technical: Must have basic knowledge of laboratory approaches and techniques in the areas of molecular biology and cell culture. Experience within the field of Immunology preferred but not required. Must be willing to work with mice as an experimental model. Must be willing to work with infectious organisms.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Teamwork: Must be willing and able to provide technical support to laboratory personnel
• Organizational: Must be organized and able to maintain a clean working area
• Interpersonal: Must interact well with other laboratory personnel, with members of the University community, and with outside vendors
• Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive community
• Dependability, productivity, and self-motivation are necessary assets
• Desire and ability to think critically and solve problems
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-22-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Department:Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website