The Seasonal Sales Associate at the University Bookstore will greet and assist customers with book and merchandise selections. They will process sales at our point of sale terminals with an emphasis on customer service. Major focus will also be assisting in stocking and merchandising sales floor, keeping area neat and presentable by shelving books, straightening merchandise and maintain organization on the sales floor.
- Must be able to work in a multitask environment; Textbook Department, Trade Book Department, Campus Shop Department, and Technology Department
- Shelve books, straighten merchandise and maintain organization on sales floor.
- Provides assistance with location and selection of merchandise.
- Using software to look up merchandise in the Point of Sale system.
- Assist customers in the store as needed-on the Trade floor, customer service counter, Campus shop or elsewhere in the store.
- Help customers locate books or merchandise in stock and/or help with gift/clothing selections when appropriate.
- Fill in and alphabetize sections that need to be straightened on the daily basis.
- Help arrange attractive, appealing, merchandise displays on the sales floor.
- Keep register area supplied with bags and other supplies. Notify supervisor when supplies are getting low.
- Initiate without instruction cleaning/stocking on sales floor as needed.
- Price/shelve merchandise.
- Unpack merchandise from boxes/determine correct selling price/shelve or put on back in boxes to be stored. Notify supervisor and/or buyers when items are priced incorrectly.
- Replenish merchandise as needed.
- Weekly hours may vary up to 25 hours as needed. Must be able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- High School education or GED
- One year experience in a high volume retail operation with an MBS point of sale system preferred.
- Ability to interact well with the general public, faculty, staff and students.
- Flexibility and teamwork.
- Some weekend shifts will be required during peak periods.
- Moderate lifting is required at times.
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
Please upload a document including your availability with your application.
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check satisfactory to Brown.
In order to achieve near-universal vaccination, all newly hired staff at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit University Human Resources.
Recruiting Start Date:2021-07-12-07:00
Job Posting Title:Seasonal Sales Associate
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:12
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, in the administration of its policies, programs, and activities.
Apply on company website