The Senior Manager of Health Data Science will support research initiatives for the Brown Center for Biomedical Informatics (BCBI), a transdisciplinary group leading initiatives that span the full spectrum of biomedicine and health care. The Senior Manager of Health Data Science is primarily responsible for driving the development of analytic assets and providing support to the operational, research, and educational functions of BCBI. The Senior Manager of Data Science reports to the Assistant Director of Research and Operations and is responsible for ensuring that the BCBI Data Science team works effectively with researchers and health data partners to identify and develop business requirements and functional specifications. The Senior Manager of Data Science is responsible for overseeing the development of analytic models and infrastructure in order to meet BCBI service deliverables. The Senior Manager of Health Data Science will also serve as the liaison with Brown Computing and Information Services teams to ensure that data collection and data storage needs are met.
This is a three year, fixed-term staff position, based in the Brown Center for Biomedical Informatics with the possibility of extension contingent upon available funding.
- Required: MS in Biomedical Informatics, Health Information Management, or related field.
- Preferred: PhD in Biomedical Informatics or related discipline.
Three to five years' experience in healthcare setting or comparable field is . Previous management experience preferred
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions and team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in communications.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team structure.
- At least three years of experience determining informatics approaches to solve healthcare challenges, including project plan development, as well as experience with gathering, analyzing, and portraying data. Experience designing, building, managing solutions using contemporary statistical, database, and general purpose programming languages. For example, R, SAS, SPSS, MySQL, SQL, Julia, Python, Java, and C/C++.
Criminal and education background check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-05-03-07:00
Job Posting Title:Manager of Health Data Science
Department:Center for Biomedical Informatics
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website