Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master
Computing and Information Services
This position provides Computing and Information Services (CIS) with an experienced Project Manager/Scrum Master who has significant experience managing complex IT projects using both traditional project management approaches and the Agile/Scrum methodology, with the understanding that the approach varies based on the project and circumstances. This position requires professional maturity and flexibility in approach to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and that they meet project goals and University expectations as defined by the documented scope, schedule, milestones and success criteria. The Senior PM/Scrum Master must be a credible and effective communicator, successful in building relationships and rapport across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and experience.
- Master's degree and/or CSM or PMP certification a plus.
- 8-10 years of IT project management experience preferred, Including a minimum of 5 years experience planning and managing all sizes of technology projects; 3-5 years of that IT project experience in the role of Scrum Master is preferred.
- Proficiency with project management tools.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) or ability to learn and master Scrum methodology.
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative development.
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Understanding of other processes and methodologies with the ability to speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Significant experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) a plus.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels in the organization (with senior management, with technical and business-oriented project staff, with users and stakeholders).
- Ability to gain the confidence of the team as well as Executive-level stakeholders by communicating regularly, keeping commitments and delivering as promised.
- Ability to foster buy-in and cooperation through persuasion, influence, and persistence.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as a member of a team.
- Able to negotiate with peers and superiors to ensure the work gets done.
- Ability to easily multitask.
- Well-organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving issues on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, professional, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity in a diverse organizational environment.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
Successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-18-07:00
Job Posting Title:Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master
Department:Office of Chief Digital Officer & CIO
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website