The Morrow Laboratory in the Center for Translational Neuroscience at the Carney Institute for Brain Science at Brown University is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate. The Senior Research Associate will work under the direct supervision of Dr. Eric Morrow and his laboratory colleagues. The Morrow Laboratory studies molecular and cellular mechanisms of neurological disease, including autism, intellectual disability, epilepsy and neurodegenerative disease. This involves wet-lab biological research as well as allied patient-oriented research which is conducted in collaboration with colleagues in affiliated hospital settings. The Senior Research Associate will also work collaboratively with faculty in the Center for Translational Neuroscience.
The Senior Research Associate takes a lead role in designing and performing experiments in the areas of human neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders, genetics/genomics, and cellular mechanisms of disease, including in animal models and in human stem cell models (induced pluripotent stem cells) within the Morrow Lab (PI: Eric Morrow, MD PhD) and the Center for Translational Neuroscience. The Senior Research Associate analyzes data and prepares results for publication and for grant submissions. The Senior Research Associate oversees and coordinates the activities of other laboratory personnel working on these projects. There is significant support from laboratory research assistants who the Senior Research Associate will directly supervise.
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of 6/30/2024 which may be extended based upon available funding.Job Qualifications Education and Experience
- Required: Master's Degree in (in molecular biology, cell biology, neuroscience, or related field) and 7 - 10 years related research and laboratory experience.
- Preferred: PhD with 5 years related research experience. Supervisory experience.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competence in required laboratory techniques; excellence in imaging approaches preferred
- Excellent organizational/record-keeping skills
- Excellent hand/eye coordination, for example in experimental dissection.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competence with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, GraphPad Prism
- Excellent quantitative skills, abilities to work with data and in statistical analysis and data visualization
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Management skills which permit the supervision of supporting laboratory research assistants.
Background and education check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-03-08-08:00
Job Posting Title:Senior Research Associate
Department:Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website