The University Scheduler (US) is a part of a team of schedulers who provide the full complement of managing space requirements and assignments for all courses and academic and non-academic events. The US assists with the solicitation and preparation of the academic schedule for all academic semesters as well as the assignment of classrooms for final exams and make-up exams. Additionally, the Scheduler will schedule and coordinate University space in support of non-instructional University events and provide event scheduling advice to university organizations and departments. The US, in conjunction with team members, will serve as a scheduler and resource in the coordination of major University Events. The US will serve as a resource in further implementation of the university's 25Live software. The incumbent will provide practical support for University users in scheduling software and coordination of interactions and interface with other departments.
While this position has its main focus on academic scheduling, all University Schedulers shall be cross trained to allow for position redundancy and backup during busy periods and staff vacancies.
The University Scheduler works directly with the Office of Student Life and the Student Activities Office and as such will:
- Develop working relationships with Undergraduate Council of Student Board and other student group leaders.
- Attend and participate in additional committee meetings as needed, e.g. the Disability Committee.
- Bachelor's degree or record equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; experience scheduling/event planning in higher education preferable; Specialized experience in curriculum support (course information and academic scheduling) is highly desirable particularly in an institution like Brown.
- Ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels, from support staff to faculty and administration. Ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdependent office team.
- Tact, diplomacy, and a strong service attitude, coupled with firmness, in the face of intense demands, limited advance notice, and occasional requests for preferential treatment – all needed in order to maintain a fair distribution of resources; Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish effective business relationships with external contractors.
- Computer proficiency including a demonstrated understanding and ability to work with complex scheduling software, relational databases and web-based technologies. Individuals with knowledge and/or experience with 25Live considered a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills; Ability to work independently, plan ahead, and manage time in order to remain current on several simultaneous tasks; Dependability/Follow through.
- Ability to navigate and function at high level with complex student information system (Banner preferred) and the ability to develop a thorough knowledge of the curriculum module and relationship with room scheduling application.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications as well as ability to run and analyze reports related to job functions (IBM Cognos ReportNet).
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills. Must be able to explain decisions and policies in terms accessible to listener.
- Solid judgment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Solid institutional values.
- Good leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Background check: criminal and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-11-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:University Scheduler
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website