Department trainers will assist with all aspects of training for newly hired team members. Trainers will mentor new team members providing guidance and support. Department trainers will help ensure our new team members acquire the skills, knowledge, and behaviors to become productive members of our team. Specifically, trainers will conduct On-The-Job Training with new team members instructing them on how to perform production job task in a safe and efficient manner. The trainer will monitor Injury prevention aspects of the facility Training program as well as participate in our Training engagement process. Department Trainers will work closely with the Training Specialist to help our new team members adjust to their new work environment.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with departmental supervisor and training specialist regarding the placement of newly hired team members.
- Work with departmental Training specialist to ensure new team members participate in Injury Prevention, which includes the new team member Ramp In work schedule, strengthening and stretching exercises, Start-up Soreness Education, coordinate Upper extremity massage appointments, Hand Grip Testing, etc.
- Train new team members on the correct techniques required to perform their assigned job task, including review of our OJT (On-the Job training documents) as well as the Job Safety Analysis for each assigned job task.
- Ensure new Team Member understands the correct usage of work tools, personal protective equipment (PPE), and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Work with Training specialist and departmental management staff to ensure associates can perform their job task correctly and safely as well as provide support for other production line team members needing refresher training.
- Monitor new team members' progress regarding their job performance. Keep Training specialist, team leads, and departmental supervisor informed of any behavioral or training issues that affect the new team members performance.
- Document New team member's job performance progress and provide input on job performance status.
- Work with Training specialist and help administer weekly Check-In questions for new team members.
- Work with Training specialist and departmental supervisor to assist with Monthly topic or departmental training as assigned: notice to employees, translation, assist with rosters and training as needed.
- Follow established Job instruction training methods and provide translation as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the department Training Specialist and/or Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and to perform all jobs within a specific department.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated in performing job tasks.
- Ability to be a role model for good work behaviors and attendance for all team members.
- Ability to communicate to team members at all levels, from hourly employees to plant management.
- Ability to provide guidance for new team members regarding the facility Safety and Food Safety programs.
- Strong working knowledge of policies, procedures, and rules of the plant and company
- Translation and interpretation skills if bilingual
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience conducting on-the-job training (individual or large groups) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or data entry (Microsoft Forms, Word, Excel) preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish or English-Creole (read, write, speak) preferred.
Apply on company website