Job Summary: The Feed Mill Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Feed Mill Manager with overseeing the operations of the Feed Mill including but not limited to maintenance, manufacturing, delivery, quality, production/maintenance costs and employee relations.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the leadership team with overseeing Feed Mill operations to provide for best-in-class manufacturing practices.
- Guarantees that all manufacturing practice policies set forth by Butterball, LLC. are completed and documented as assigned. This includes ensuring that FDA requirements are followed.
- Monitors the accuracy and timely delivery of goods to Butterball, LLC. and contract farms.
- Oversees all aspects of the preventative maintenance program as well as any continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Ensures proper quality control procedures and policies (including HACCP) are adhered to for ingredients and finished feeds. This includes but is not limited to monitoring and minimizing shrink in ingredients and finished feeds.
- Establishes good housekeeping practices and ensures a clean environment throughout the Feed Mill.
- Implements and is responsible for all safety procedures and processes necessary to maintain a safe working environment. This includes safety meetings, safety training, safety documentation and investigations, and continually striving for zero accidents.
- Monitors attendance and assists with scheduling of employees and company projects.
- Coaches, develops, and provides performance feedback based on Butterball, LLC. standards and procedures to all Feed Mill associates.
- Organizes special projects as assigned by Feed Mill Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of grow-out operations.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs.
- Cross-functional communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent Feed Mill work experience.
- A minimum of 6+ months experience in a Feed Mill setting.
- Computer experience – knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Apply on company website