Job Summary –
Work involves performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled poultry related tasks in accordance with specific well established instruction. Specialized tasks are also performed in connection with the caring for poultry. Work is subject to general supervision through inspections and review of results of work.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Egg Preparation
- Reponsible for tranfer of selected baskets of eggs as a schedule from storage room.
- Manually pick up eggs basket (40 pounds) and place eggs in racks of incubator carts. The carts are then rolled inside the incbators.
- The empty egg carts and baskets are then cleaned and disinfected.
- In cubator carts are pulled from incubators on 25th day
- Incubators/ Hacthers
- Remove eggs from in incubator racks and place them on the candling machine.
- Manually place eggs in Hatcher trays after they have been candled.
- Transport Hatcher rack into Hatcher.
- Wash and disinfect hatchers and hatch rooms.
- Transport carts to manual shaker separator machine. Remove trays from Hatcher carts and insert into manual shaker separator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The employee must be able to work flexible schedules, implement changes in protocol, etc.
- Must be capable to follow instructions.
- Must able to add, subtract and write numbers.
- Ability to communicate.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have pervious farm experience.
- Ability to lift 40lbs over head.
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, and standing all for long periods of time.
- Pushing and pulling of racks weighing up to 1000 pounds that are on wheels.
- Ability to climb and descend ladders.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Grip, grasp or twist using hands and wrists
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50lbs or more.
- Bend and/or stoop repetitively throughout out shift.
- Working with live animals in a farm environment.
The employee will be working the majority of the time in enclosed and semi-enclosed building, generally ranging from 60 deg. To 99 deg. Work areas include concrete floors (wet at times). Protective mask, safety glasses and gloves are needed at time. The employee must comply with OSHA and Butterball rules and regulations to maintain a safe working environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Apply on company website