This position can be based in our Garner, NC headquarters or one of the following Butterball operational facilities: Huntsville, AR or Ozark, AR or Carthage, MO. Travel up to 60% is required in order to properly partner with our operations clients across the enterprise.
One-part full life cycle recruiter in support of operations functions and one-part strategic talent advisor to operations leaders, in total you are a highly accomplished and results driven talent acquisition consultant.
You will leverage your expertise and our proven approach to acquire top talent on behalf of Butterball while delivering world-class candidate and hiring manager experiences throughout the strategic planning and tactical recruiting processes.
You will leverage your ability to evaluate talent and fit, outstanding communications skills, and deep knowledge of your client's needs, roles, capabilities, and goals to influence and ensure the best possible organizational decisions and hires.
You will travel to Butterball's six (6) processing facilities in order to directly engage with operations and HR leaders, hiring managers, and team members in support of delivering TAAG service lines. Travel can be up to 60%, as conditions allow.
You will work closely with enterprise TAAG and HR leaders as well as plant-specific operations leadership to define, design, execute, manage, and measure special programs and/or solutions focused on reducing turnover, mitigating absenteeism, automating and/or improving TA processes, and right-sizing staffing levels in support of a more efficient operation.
You will leverage your comfort level with dynamic, high volume hiring environments, naturally high energy level, and intellectual curiosity to engage, understand, and ultimately improve hiring practices across our six processing facilities.
You are collaborative by nature, hands-on by choice, and capable of quickly establishing rapport and trust with clients, candidates, and colleagues by embedding yourself in the organization, embodying our core TAAG values, and producing measurable results that wow!
You will be an integral and highly visible part of our high touch, high performance, and innovation-based talent strategy that has a direct impact on Butterball's direction, growth, and success by shaping its most important asset – our people!
Is this you? If so, welcome to the Butterball Talent Acquisition and Advisory Group (TAAG).
Essential Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Manage diverse portfolio of roles and own the full life cycle recruiting function in support of the Operations and Production group to include advisory meetings, market research, intake sessions, recruiting strategy (posting + sourcing), candidate review (screening and interviewing), calibrations, extending and negotiating offers.
- Collaborate with the Talent Sourcer to confirm requirements and success profile, coordinate outreach and communications strategies, and produce a top talent pool from which the winning candidate will be packaged and presented to the hiring manager in a timely manner.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to organize interview teams and provide appropriate training/resources for interviewers to conduct effective behavioral-based interviews and facilitate post-interview calibration sessions.
- Manage high-touch, high-performance communications with internal business partners throughout the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of all Talent Acquisition processes and policies.
- Present Talent Acquisition leadership with any relevant factors and patterns to formulate logical conclusions, alternatives, and effectively achieve successful outcomes.
- Adopt a KPI-driven approach in order to ensure that the TAAG is always optimizing its performance as measured by such metrics as time-to-fill, time-to-present-winning-candidate, quality of candidates presented, quality of hires, offer acceptance rate, retention rates, hiring manager satisfaction, new hire satisfaction, and candidate experience scores.
- Background: the Dedicated Talent Acquisition Consultant (D-TAC) delivery model was developed in response to specific client needs and as a core component of the High Touch – High Performance – Always Innovate talent acquisition and advisory strategy at Butterball.
- As a Talent Acquisition Consultant (TAC) in support of Operations and Production, you will be expected to regularly engage your assigned internal clients in order to fully understand their function as part of the enterprise, identify and document their short, mid, and long-term needs and goals, as well as provide value-add, strategic services that extend beyond the requisition.
- As our boots-on-the-ground TAC, you will be expected to define, design, execute, manage, measure, and optimize special programs, initiatives, and/or solutions with a focus on turnover reduction, absenteeism mitigation, automating and/or improving TA processes, and right-sizing staffing levels in support of a more efficient operation.
- As a subject matter expert/TAC, introduce, provide training on, and deploy such tools as 9-box grids, competency models, scenario planning maps, and surveys in support of developing/delivering workforce and succession plans.
- Work with TAAG leadership and marketing to design, develop, and amplify Butterball's employer + talent brand in conjunction with our partners at the production facilities.
- Represent Butterball in the marketplace both as part of providing a world-class candidate experience and in support talent acquisition goals. Support alignment with Talent Management to ensure these relationships align with future leadership hiring needs and possible development opportunities.
- 5+ years of recruiting, talent acquisition, and/or talent advisory experience with a minimum of 2 years doing so in context of dynamic, high-volume operational hiring environments (e.g. manufacturing, retail, etc.). Proven success in an agency, search firm environment and/or full life cycle corporate recruiting role.
- Demonstrated customer, candidate management and relationship building skills.
- Experience successfully managing a portfolio of concurrent operations and production requisitions (10+) across multiple facilities (Mount Olive, NC, Raeford, NC, Carthage, MO, Huntsville, AR, Jonesboro, AR, and Ozark, AR).
- Experience advising operations and HR leadership on best practices and cutting-edge solutions associated with optimizing high-volume hiring processes.
- Direct experience working with hiring managers and industry experts.
- Experience with applicant tracking tools (Taleo preferred) and recruiting automation solutions.
- Experience working with 9-box grids, competency models, scenario planning maps, Gantt charts, etc. preferred.
- Exemplary communication skills and advisory presence with an ability to develop and cultivate authentic, trust-based, and long-lasting relationships.
- Independent problem solver capable of succeeding without need of constant oversight.
- Attention to detail combined with strong time and project management skills are key to successfully managing multiple clients, requisition, and projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done and help where it is needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% in order to properly partner with our operations clients across the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communications, HR, or related discipline.
- Intellectual curiosity – consistently trying new methods, never comfortable.
- Business acumen – understands how our business makes money, how talent drives it, and how to measure success.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as we are building an environment of growth and change. A positive attitude, flexibility and resilience facing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Strong team contributor, sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practices.
- Influencing skills – the ability to quickly establish credibility and effectively manage others through influence.
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to work autonomously; takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, and has a "can do" attitude.
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity.
Apply on company website