Perform various checks, monitor production to ensure that specifications are met.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs checks of product quality against specifications
- Assures GMP, HACCP, and SOP's are in compliance
- Investigates issues related to Quality and Food Safety
- Collects microbiological and product samples for testing and evaluation.
- Applies Holds to nonconforming products and materials
- Assures food safety, regulatory and company compliance.
- Understanding of the process
- Assists with audits of the process, GMP's and food safety as well as customer audits.
- Assists with troubleshooting of plant quality problems
- Assists with troubleshooting of sanitation issues and problems.
- Assists with product improvement projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to interact with all levels of management
- Able to work alone with limited supervision
- Knowledge of workplace safety rules
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Excellent attendance and work record
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to speak, read and write English
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in poultry/animal science, biology, or chemistry preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a quality assurance role in lieu of required education
- Previous experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Time working in a cold and wet industrial environment is required.
- May require long periods of time on feet.
- May require a lot of walking.
- May be exposed to foul odors due to incubating and autoclaving samples.
- Must be able to use computer.
- Some long hours and weekend work may be required.
Apply on company website