This position is responsible for operation and monitoring of plant waste water treatment facility.
Essential Duties, Functions and responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostics to identify equipment problems and repair/build parts accordingly.
- Perform all necessary compliance testing to insure our permit limits are met.
- Follow designated schedule to perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Inspect, diagnose, disassemble, repair, and replace electrical and other equipment components.
- Disconnect/remove old equipment and install new equipment.
- Weld equipment and parts using mig, tig, and stick methods.
- Perform mill/lathe work and plumbing work as needed.
- Must have working knowledge with electrical 3ph 208 and 480 volts.
- Complete paperwork accurately to ensure proper documentation is maintained in equipment and repairs.
- Perform monitoring duties as scheduled and document accordingly.
- Perform general housekeeping as it relates to performing and cleaning up after repairs.
- Accountable to maintain punctual and regular attendance for scheduled work hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Follows all safety, USDA, and GMP policies and guidelines in additional to maintenance-specific guidelines.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and maintain paperwork throughout shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow verbal and written instructions & policies.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
- Must be willing and able to perform physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must pass a background check, drug screen and pre-employment physical.
- Some positions may require the ability to read, write, and/or speak English
- Standing (8 hours a day or more)
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling (up to and including 50lbs or more)
- Operating hand held and/or mechanical machinery
- Walking/climbing stairs. Gripping, grasping, and twisting using hands and wrists.
- Bending and stooping for long periods of time.
Working Conditions/Department Description:
- Overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Preventive maintenance is often scheduled on plant down days or Saturdays.
- There is mandatory seasonal work for approximately 5 to 6 weeks during the months of October and November, which includes working 7 days per week.
- Job assignments/duties are subject to the supervisor's discretion, may vary day-to-day depending on project needs.
- May work in damp, cold, hot, and warm environments and some jobs work in seasonal outdoor conditions.
- Work with loud and noisy machinery.
- Work with or around chemicals/fumes/pungent odors.
- Working with animal organs and animal feces.
Apply on company website