The Assistant Store Manager plays a key supporting role to the Store Manager and is integral to the overall development and success of the business. Assistant Store Managers are immersed in all aspects of business operations and they operate with a high degree of autonomy to make decisions that drive sales and service in an environment that where safety is a value and team development is a priority.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage activities and the achievement of sales and customer service goals for the store or a major product or operational category within the store
- Create scheduling for store associates and collaborates with manager to execute store plans and priorities
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine operational issues independently and collaborates with manger on more complex issues
- Forecast, budget, and plan for area of responsibility to ensure the store meets business goals
- Manage and approve merchandise processing and procedures
- Perform hiring, disciplinary, training, performance management, employee relations and termination activities in collaboration with manager and participates in Human Resources investigations as required
- High School diploma or equivalent desired
- 6-7 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website