The operations specialist ensures that customer orders are processed in an accurate manner within expected productivity guidelines. Must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to perform a wide variety of job tasks, both on the sales floor and in the receiving area as business needs dictate.
- Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Manage and process freight flow by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Provide direction to organize and rearranges merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Acknowledge customers in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner; prompting and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
- Perform all responsibilities associated with cashiering, when required
- Support housekeeping standards throughout facility, cleans back room and sales floor as needed
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
Benefits for all associates include 401K after 1 year of employment, confidential consultation on personal issues, as well as online tools, resources and referrals on legal, financial and work-life needs.
Benefits for full-time employment include offerings on medical, dental, vision, and legal benefit options, along with the above listed benefits.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
Hourly Pay Range is $13.00-$13.50
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website