The Retail Sales Specialist oversees a specialty department within their store which is known as a “Store within a store”. In this role you will be a product, service and selling expert for your area. The successful candidate has merchandising responsibility and oversees the associates who work in their area.
- Models exceptional customer service by building relationships with store customers; makes appropriate recommendations based on customer needs; drives sales through suggestive selling, add-ons, and home deliveries
- Meets with customers on a one-on-one basis to assist with determining personal needs and compiling merchandise preference list
- Explains features of a broad array of merchandise to customers
- Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
- Resolves customer issues using customer service skills, and escalates issues to more senior associates as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
- Organizes and straightens merchandise areas on the sales floor
- Performs Registry Specialist tasks
- Performs Sales Associate tasks
- Knowledgeable of available technology and tools
- Assists customers by offering a Baby order when merchandise is out of stock or not carried in the store
- Performs additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval, break room and restroom housekeeping
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of retail experience desired
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
Benefits for all associates include 401K after 1 year of employment, confidential consultation on personal issues, as well as online tools, resources and referrals on legal, financial and work-life needs.
Benefits for full-time employment include offerings on medical, dental, vision, and legal benefit options, along with the above listed benefits.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
Hourly Pay Range is $13.00-$13.50
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website