The Packaging Designer for buybuyBABY will play an integral role on the Owned Brand packaging team. In this role the Production Designer will cross-functionally collaborate with Product Development, Brand Management, Buyers and external vendors to interpret style guides, digital assets and copy into packaging die lines. Finalized and approved files are directly released to print vendors on aggressively paced timelines. You will also partner with the Packaging Director in maintaining an Excel based project management tracker. If you can rock both Adobe CC and Excel in a Mac environment, we want you!
- Create new and update existing packaging style guides
- Interpret style Guides, digital assets and copy into packaging die lines
- Validate vendor die lines and convert into white box to prove out structure
- Ensure packaging files adhere to brand specifications
- Finalize and release press-ready packaging files to overseas print vendors
- Partner with department director in maintaining Excel based project management tracker
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- 5 years + Packaging Design experience focused heavily on production
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and InDesign CC
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to modify, create, and value engineer structurally sound die lines
- Strong sense of typography
- Project management and continuous process improvement acumen
- Copywriting/editing experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of Packaging compliance
- Extreme attention to detail, highly organized
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet or exceed deadlines
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website