Our mission at buybuy Baby is to make it easy for our customers, and our associates, to feel at home. We've made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
As a Receiving Specialist, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality baby products, and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Receiving Specialist ensures that customer orders are processed in an accurate manner within expected productivity guidelines. The Receiving Specialist must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to perform a wide variety of job tasks, both on the sales floor and in the receiving area as business needs dictate.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Manage and process freight flow by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Provide direction to organize and rearranges merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Acknowledge customers in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner; prompting and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
- Perform all responsibilities associated with cashiering, when required
- Support housekeeping standards throughout facility, cleans back room and sales floor as needed
- Execute price changes and sign changes as needed
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the People & Culture Department.
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website