Responsible for creation, development, implementation and/or administration of programs and initiatives related to operational excellence, cost productivity and safety performance for the plant. Acting as a change agent, fosters a continuous improvement environment that is data-driven and results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and evolve a site-specific operational excellence / CI strategy.
- Diagnose, confirm and prioritize value-add CI opportunities utilizing data and information from a diverse range of external and internal sources, to include the identification and development of plans for underperforming areas to meet desired performance objectives.
- Establish and maintain CI metrics/measurements or KPI's.
- Oversee the process for CI project brainstorming, evaluation, prioritization, launch, and applicable gate reviews.
- Act as the champion of key Lean, Six Sigma, TWI, and/or other related CI methodologies/processes, to include developing a comprehensive team-based approach that engages all employees on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and deliver training materials to help build key CI skill sets.
- Leads safety initiatives and tracks safety improvement performance for the plant. (systems are in place)
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement that is data-driven and results-oriented.
- Manage continuous improvement staff and/or project teams, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior success deploying and leading CI / operational excellence programs and safety initiatives within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use and effectively instruct others in key Lean, Six Sigma, TWI, Statistical Process Control and/or other related CI methodologies/tools/processes. Some type of related certification is required.
- Proven project management skills/experience, to include strong analytical ability and sound judgment. Experience with MS Project or similar project management software is required.
- Demonstrated team facilitation skills and success in implementing process improvements in conjunction with employee work teams. Must be able to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, and in groups, under normal and stressful conditions.
- Strong decision-making skills, sound judgment and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is required.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Engineering or related field) or equivalent work experience.
Apply on company website