Coordinates, plans, and executes robotic and automation engineering activities related to manufacturing support, process improvement, facilities layout, new program management and engineering change coordination.
- Generates Floor Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, Ladder Logic in the installation and programming of PLC's.
- Follows the entire build of Robotics, or Special Purpose Equipment and Fixtures from Purchase Order to PPAP and into Production.
- Provides engineering support to other departments within the Company as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Prepares work schedules with interim end target estimates for all projects within his/her responsibility.
- Supports APQP Team and Program Managers with the creation of technical specifications for the purchase of automation, robotics, assembly equipment and automated check fixtures.
- Searches out and implements new technologies and Continuous Improvement opportunities in the machining and assembly fields.
- Initiate plans and ideas for cost reductions and/or quality improvement measures.
- Maintain proper filing system to ensure all information is properly stored and easily retrieved.
- Follows and enforces the guidelines and rules as defined in the Employee Handbook and Company policies.
- Carries out assigned responsibilities under TS16949 and ISO 14001.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Organized and self-motivated professional
- Must be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
- Must be able to relate / communicate well with people at all levels
· Knowledge of ANSI, SAE and other industry/customer related standards
· Knowledge of GD&T, QFD, Design for Manufacturing, VE/VA, DOE, FMEA, DFMEA/PFMEA, Reliability Engineering Plans
· Must be very familiar with Automotive Manufacturing Process, Synchronous Manufacturing, SPC, 8D's, Control Plans, Continuous Improvement Techniques
· Working knowledge of TS16949 and ISO14001
· Knowledge of presses, machining equipment, material handling equipment, inspection/gauging equipment, tool room equipment, metal finish equipment .
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or 3 years post secondary school education, preferably in Mechanical, Industrial or related on the job experience with specific discipline in controls and robotics.
Apply on company website