Considering employment at a system integrator in Florida? If the answer is yes, you've made a great choice! The location is wonderful - no state income tax, world class beaches, nearby theme parks, and no snow. The company also has a lot to offer - challenging projects in a variety of industries, flexible work, only local & regional travel requirements, plus they're family-owned! What's not to like? Love where you work and where you live - apply today!
Controls Engineer Duties:
- Collaborate in a team environment with project managers and system designers/engineers to develop effective programming solutions.
- Own the quality of the overall design, programs, machine interface and other key deliverables.
- Understand and provide input to overall project execution plan, requirements, and design risks.
- Review all designs for accuracy, thoroughness, and adherence to aligned scope.
- Determine and implement control requirements for both new and existing systems.
- Work closely with clients to develop clear understanding of process software requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and assist with submittal, O&M manuals, and training materials during project cycles.
- Communicate with customers to resolve open items or technical questions.
- Attend and provide input at technical meetings and discussions as defined in the execution plan/schedule.
- Programming PLCs of all types to meet the requirements of the project
- Assist with and/or develop complete SCADA/HMI solutions
- Travel to customer sites for field audits, commissioning assistance/trouble shooting, construction, installation and start-up support.
Education: Bachelor's degree (BS) or Associate's degree (AS) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college/university or other relative degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years PLC programming experience
- Experience programming Modicon PLCs or HMI development with Unity software and VT Scada or using TIA Portal programming software
- Practical knowledge and experience in analog and digital control.
- Ability to read project P&ID drawings and project specifications
- Understanding of industrial Control Systems applications is desired, including instrumentation and SCADA systems
- Experience with industrial PLC hardware design preferred.
- Experience with other types of software development is a plus.
Most projects are in Florida, so the travel is minimal and usually just a few days at a time. However, there are exceptions from time to time and occasional work throughout the Southeast.
Apply on company website