Client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, shading solutions and energy management systems for high end residential and commercial building applications. The company is a mid-sized U.S. multinational that is profitable, growing quickly and has a worldwide reputation for state of the art technology, quality and customer service. This opportunity is open due to growth and the company's desire to diversify their engineering team. The Embedded Firmware Project Leader will report to a Software Engineering Director and lead a team of Embedded Software Engineers. The company is looking for U.S., Canadian or Mexican citizens that want to relocate and grow their career with a leader in the industry. Client will pay for relocation and costs for obtaining a visa to work in the USA.Responsibilities:
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable platforms upon which world-class embedded devices are built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets
- Work closely with product management in understanding the technical challenges
- Lead a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, system architecture design, protocol and communications architecture, database and object model design, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
Background and Experience Required:
- BS in Computer, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- Eight or more years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various software design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and good familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Experience setting up and maintaining a continuous development pipeline including tools to automate the build and verification process.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required in the majority of the following areas:
- Wireless Communications standards
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- High-level programming languages such as C and C++
- Software-hardware communications
- Interface programming
- Motor control programming
- Hardware development of micro controller or microprocessor control circuits using 8/32 bit or ARM processor
- Protocol development
Position will be based at the company's headquarters in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Compensation will include a Base Salary in the $100,000 to $130,000 range depending on experience, annual bonus and full benefits
Apply on company website