EVA Technical Service Engineer Flexible Packaging
Company: Our client is a leader in the chemicals, paints and coatings industry that has been in business for over 100 years. Their broad portfolio of material solutions helps advance their customers in many industry spaces like automotive, electronics, medical and food & beverage. While their Headquarters are based in Dallas, the company has over 7,500 employees working to serve their customer based worldwide from Amsterdam to Shanghai with over 27 production facilities, R&D and tech centers in Europe, Asia and the US with many other satellite centers.
- They have seen continuous grow and innovations with new business developments
- With multiple locations across the US, they are positioned today as an industry leader serving customers where quality, service and innovation matter.
- The company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community.
How they appreciate their team members: Competitive base salary & Incentives
Full benefits that include a great healthcare plan Generous 401k match
Your unique role within the organization: The Technical Service Engineer reports directly The New Product Development Manager. You will be responsible for technical service support and troubleshooting for Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Copolymer/Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) business area with a focus on flexible packaging markets.
- Respond to product / process related customer queries and product related complaints and help resolve quality/performance related issues between manufacturing and customers/sales.
- Qualify New Product Developments at the customer.
- Gain process / structure / property / application relationship expertise to help determine the suitability and relative preference of current or new products for new value-added applications.
- Establish external product specifications with customers and ensure alignment of those specifications with manufacturing capability.
- Scout and assess New Application Development opportunities initiated to drive both short-term and long-term projects to completion.
- Be responsible for:
- Competitive resin and potential technology substitution evaluations and assessments (benchmarking).
- Technical data generation used for product datasheets, brochures, etc.
- Technical product / application training (internal / external customers
Location: Greater Cincinnati, OH/Northern KY area.
- Ohio's largest metropolitan area and cultural hub on the banks of the Ohio River
- Fastest growing economic power in the Mid-West based on increase of economic output
- Within a day's drive of almost 50% of the US populace -Home to three major sports teams
- University of Cincinnati is ranked one of the 50 largest in the US
To be successful in this critical role:
- BS in Polymer / Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field.
- 10+ yrs. experience in Polymer Processing
- Experience in Technical Service and Application Development in flexible packaging markets and applications.
- Hands-on experience with extrusion coating, blown film, thermal lamination, wire and cable, and/or cast-film lines.
- Willing to travel to meet customers to conduct process troubleshooting and product qualifications (25-50%)
- Working knowledge of common polymer test methods and procedures (rheological, mechanical, solid state, thermal, and electrical characterizations).
- Hands-on, self-starting, goal-oriented individual with strong innovation and problem-solving capabilities in a timely manner.
- Good project management skills.
- Relationship building with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Mentoring of younger engineers on customer engagements, equipment, and processes.
- Able to lead and drive new projects to commercialization.
Apply on company website