Mechanical Engineer– Civil/Structural Forensic Engineer
Are you stuck in a job where you are not being challenged? Are you bored with the repetition and lack of growth in knowledge and experience? Joining our clients' forensic engineering team might be just what you need. We are looking for a full time Mechanical Engineer for out Midwest service area. There is a wealth of opportunities within this field that will continue to challenge you and keep you excited about your career path. If that is something that sounds appealing to you, please continue reading on for the essential job functions and responsibilities, job requirements, and physical requirements.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Conduct on-site investigations of failures involving, but not limited to, HVAC systems, plumbing/piping systems, and various appliances and equipment.
Evaluating the cause and extent of damage following storms and natural disasters to some types of building envelope systems.
Conduct unbiased investigations for various types of clients.
Have the ability to communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as testimony
Have the ability to communicate technical matters to laypersons, public gatherings, and in legal settings
Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attendance of educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations and institutions.
· Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical engineering experience; Forensic experience (preferred)
· Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university/college.
· PE required.
· C.F.I. or C.F.E.I. a plus.
· Project management or supervisory experience desired a plus.
· Must never have been disciplined by an engineering board or licensing authority
· Proficiency and/or knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and appliances.
· Strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
· Strong time management skills and ability to work independently to meet project deadlines.
· Experienced with MS based computer programs.
Able to remain standing for prolonged periods of time.
Able to lift and/or move objects weighing 20-50 lbs.
Able to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, and ramps.
Able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while reaching with hands and arms.
Able to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
Willing to work in inclement weather.
Willing to work extended hours (if required) during busy times to meet project deadlines.
It is the policy of our client to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, or sex.
Apply on company website