The Quality Engineer will support key contributions to the Quality Management System. Under limited supervision, facilitates quality improvements by developing methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
You will be trusted to:
- Use problem solving tools to improve plant first time yield, leak DPMO, and hold rates to meet plant goals and metrics.
- Develop, communicate and implement process controls to drive process discipline.
- Utilize statistical analysis to measure and refine process control systems.
- Monitor on-going performance of systems. Report status and put together action plans to address improvements.
- Assists with preparing reports on rejected or defective products by interacting with internal production personnel.
- Work with the Supplier Quality and Supply Chain departments to identify and report issues and improvement opportunities related to incoming purchased materials.
- Routinely update control plans, procedures, and training materials to reflect continual improvement of quality requirements.
- Participates and works in conjunction with production for product quality projects.
- Participates in the New Product Introduction process and works with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to establish Quality Objectives and improvement opportunities for new product.
- Work with Product Service Coordinators to address field concerns. Issue short term solutions to address concern and work long term corrective actions to eliminate issue.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree preferred in the Engineering or Industrial Tech field
- Six Sigma or Lean GB certification highly desired.
- Certified Quality Auditor/Engineer certification from ASQ highly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience and understanding of a quality production environment.
- Basic quality system knowledge. Document Control plans, process audits, root cause analysis, Six Sigma methods, DMAIC team leading, supplier quality data analysis. Sampling plans process variation, capability analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Preferred APQP Tools (examples: FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP)
- Bi-lingual Spanish capabilities are a plus
Apply on company website