Company: Cameron Craig Group
Location: Chantilly, VA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
Sr. Cost Accountant
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, review and verify accuracy.
- Prepares financial statements and support schedules according to monthly close plans, including bank account and G/L account reconciliations, fixed assets inventory and declaration schedules, etc.
- Maintains accounting data in both Deltek and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Analyzes financial statements, investigate, and report variances.
- Reviews contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition consistent with ASC-606 standards and documents conclusions.
- Works with Billing Specialist to record cash receipts.
- Supports preparation of annual Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Assists in the implementation of Costpoint as a replacement for GCS Premier.
Required Education and Job Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business.
- 4-7 years of accounting experience at a Gov't contractor.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience with Deltek general ledger software (preferably Costpoint 7).
- Experience with ACS-606 revenue recognition standards.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Experience with SOX compliance requirements (process narratives).
Apply on company website