Consultant, Operational Excellence
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: JOB OVERVIEW
The Consultant, Operational Excellence is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing of elements of the CTCA Operational Excellence System throughout the enterprise. Additionally, this role will partner with enterprise and hospital executives on a strategic and tactical level to scope, plan and rapidly implement high impact enterprise programs and initiatives.
* Develops, coordinates, and implements of elements of the CTCA Operational Excellence System throughout the enterprise
* Works with enterprise and hospital operational executives on a strategic and tactical level to scope, plan and rapidly implement high impact enterprise programs and initiatives
* Actively leads and coaches teams working on high impact enterprise initiatives; participates in a trouble-shooting and/or problem solving capacity and complies with deadlines to achieve desired outcomes
* Develops high value solutions based upon statistical analysis, data mining and direct observation
* Assembles data and reports related to CTCA Operational Excellence System maturity and ongoing enterprise initiative progress. Provides progress reports to the enterprise and hospital executives on a regular basis
* Provides training and workshops for executives, leaders and clinicians to improve their competency in the application of performance improvement tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Minimum BS/BA required. (Preferably in a clinical discipline, system performance engineering, industrial engineering, public health, or healthcare administration).
* 3-5 years of process improvement experience. Process improvement experience in a hospital or health system setting preferred.
* Experience in implementing the Toyota Production System (or similar Operational Excellence Systems/Models) in a healthcare environment. Specific experience in deploying systems for daily management a significant plus
* LSS Green Belt highly preferred, LSS Black Belt preferred
* Demonstrated track record of delivering successful high impact process improvement projects
* Change agent able to successfully navigate the spectrum of senior, executive leadership stakeholders as well as front line clinical staff.
* Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
* Ensuring that the (internal or external) customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities
* Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Knowledge or exposure to the application of statistical analyses and their practical application to improvement projects.
* Working knowledge of information systems and their application to healthcare and ability to creatively use existing resources for problem resolution.
* Mastery of desktop applications, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Vision, and Access) and database management applications.
* Ability and experience in developing and successfully teaching robust performance improvement techniques to include but not limited to Lean/Six Sigma.
* Ability to strategically and operationally lead and/or facilitate performance improvement teams and projects from conception through completion across several hospitals.
* Has business acumen and a good understanding of clinical services. Ability to balance financial resource with desired clinical outcomes to ensure care delivery in an effective, efficient and safe manner.
* Knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment preferred, particularly regarding healthcare quality measurement, outcomes studies, and patient safety.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience preferred in healthcare operational improvement that impacts patient care and experience, related to hospital wide throughput efficiency
* Effective use of statistical (Minitab, STATA) and data reporting (e.g. Qlickview) applications
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website