Executive Assistant, Technology
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Job Description: Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
The CTCA Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of operational and strategic support to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Responsibilities include project support, meeting scheduling, drafting correspondence, coordinating travel, expense reports, providing meeting hospitality, arranging meeting materials a prep, management notes and meeting minutes. Coordinates the activities of the CTO and senior executives with regard to internal and external affairs, provides extensive operational assistance, and performs highly responsible management work.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
* Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum 5 years of experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Candidate must have excellent experience and demonstrated success as an administrative/executive assistant.
* Advanced proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat required
* Demonstrates an understanding of the mission of the organization/department to the staff
* Exhibits a positive attitude toward departmental and organizational goals expressed through actions and words
* Promotes an environment of teamwork and good customer relationships
* Superior accurate writing expertise, verbal communication proficiency, and relationship-building skills
* Awareness; ability to observe and anticipate needs by being aware of office activities and offer efficiency suggestions
* Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion in all aspects of the job, displaying courtesy and professionalism in all contacts, and managing difficult or politically sensitive situations effectivel
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Apply on company website